I was pleased again with this week’s selections for our weekly Community Supported Agriculture share. It was well timed as we literally just finished the last of last week’s food (except for those two garlic scapes…I’m saving them up!)
Here’s what we got this time around: (click photo to enlarge it)
Everything is picked that morning, which is great. I’m happy with the sizes of everything. I was concerned initially that there would be more food than the two of us would easily go through, but so far it’s been just right.
- 1 pot containing a Thai basil plant and chives
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce
- 1 really gorgeous bunch of spinach
- 1 bunch of radishes (we could choose between radishes or more turnips – sorry, Telly!) if you don’t know what I’m talking about, click here and scroll down to see Telly the cat nibbling last week’s turnip greens!)
- 1 dozen brown eggs
- 2 quarts of strawberries (and they are SO sweet and delicious!)
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 bunch of beet greens (yum!)
- 1 bunch of Lacinato (Dinosaur) Kale (we had the choice between Russian kale or Lacinato)
- 1 bunch of arugula
- and….drumroll, please…
- 2 MORE garlic scapes. Hilarious. I’m starting a collection.